Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I lost count...

I can't remember how many days I've been Zoning, but I maaaay have fallen off the wagon this weekend. I had a bit of an "incident" at the Spartan 300 on Saturday...


I fell off a 7-foot pull-up bar, landing on my head/neck/back. I was immobile for a couple hours, but after spending the afternoon/evening at Northwestern, I left with nothing but a "head trauma" diagnosis and prescription for Vicodin. Close call. Luckily, I had Jen and Terry to keep me company (and take this awesome staff pic) at the hospital.

Later in the evening, I probably had about 67 blocks of carbs in the form of D'Agostino's pepperoni and onion pizza and Windy City Sweet's strawberry cheesecake ice cream. I guess I felt entitled.

With only 10 days until my sister's wedding, I'm back to strict Zone. Breakfast this morning was an egg and six almonds with a giant iced coffee (free/no blocks!). Snack was a delicious Paleo Cacao Nib Cookie from sweet Kelly (of "Kelly and Eman"). Lunch was Cajun turkey, an apple and almond butter with flax seed.

In other news, I overheard this conversation while having my vitals checked in the ambulance on Saturday:

Woman Paramedic: I felt out of shape when I woke up this morning, but now I feel even worse about myself. Did you SEE those people in there??
Man Paramedic: Yeah, I don't know what was going on...

They had just seen all the ACF coaches after the Spartan 300, sweaty, shirtless and totally ripped. I might have been halfway passed out, but I was one proud GM.

No comments:

Post a Comment